Life without a gallbladder is absolutely possible. However, most of the lifestyle changes take place in the diet. Gall Bladder stores bile, a liquid that helps in digestion of fatty foods. You may need to cut down on fatty foods and limit dairy products that are difficult to digest and increase high fiber foods that are easily digestible. It is also recommended to eat smaller meals instead of large ones.
Gallbladder removal surgery commonly known as cholecystectomy is not very uncommon. It a patient develops any problem with gallbladder, then most doctors recommend to take it out through a surgery. Surgery is generally carried out if you develop gallstones within the bladder which is really painful. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the most preferred method of surgery as it requires quick recovery and an early discharge from the hospital with fewer scars on the body. Some symptoms of gallstones include severe abdomen pain, feeling nausea and suffering from jaundice. However, there are certain risks involved in the surgery. They might include wound infection, blood clots, damage to a duct carrying bile out of liver and bile leak.
It is mandatory to follow a proper and balanced diet after the surgery.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day.
- Avoid eating a large meal.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods.
- Go for low fat and high fiber diet.
- Avoid dairy products like cheese, ice cream, milk and milk products.
- Avoid aerated beverages that contain soda.
- Avoid tea and coffee.
- Limit the intake of fatty grains.
- Take a liver tonic as it helps in making you feel comfortable after the meal.
- Take an ox-bile supplement. It helps in bloating and indigestion after the meal, and other nutrient deficiencies.
- Take a digestive enzyme supplement. It again helps in indigestion eat good fats and bad fats. Good fats include olive oil, coconut milk, and oil, nuts and seeds.
- Take Vitamin D3 supplement. One natural way to get Vitamin D is daily exposure to the sun.
- Include bitter and sour foods in your diets such as lemon, lime, bitter melon, dandelion greens, dill leaves, and sesame seeds.
Therefore it can be said that a gallbladder stone surgery is the most effective way to treat gallstones. You can lead a normal life after the surgery. a balanced diet has to be followed to minimise the discomfort that you can experience post surgery. After all, a healthy liver is the powerhouse of strong digestion