RECTAL PROLAPSE IS A PHYSICAL CONDITION IN WHICH RECTUM PLUNGES IN THE ANUS. IT GENERALLY HAPPENS DUE TO EXCESSIVE WEIGHT LOSS OR THE FRAGILITY IN THE USUAL ACTIVITIES OF THE RECTUM.
Symptoms of Rectal Protrusion:
Like most of the diseases, rectal protrusion has several symptoms. Some common symptoms of this disease are:
- Abrupt change in the habits of bowel
- Bleeding in the rectum,
- Mucus Drainage
- Fecal Incontinence
- Anorectal Pain
When it comes to the treatment approaches for rectal prolapse, Laparoscopic Rectopexy is a recommended solution in Varanasi.
Method of Laparoscopic Rectopexy:
The ultimate aim of this surgery is to restore the rectum in its actual place in the pelvis. It helps to prevent further protrusion of the rectum through the anus. In Laparoscopic Rectopexy, senior surgeons prefer to use a stitching method along with mesh to protect the rectum.
In Laparoscopic Rectopexy, a surgery is performed through small incisions or keyholes in the lower abdomen. Among all these incisions, one is done near navel for the laparoscope, which keeps a track of the inside condition. It helps to place the instruments properly and to operate efficiently.
- When it comes to the procedure of treatment, doctors begin with a dose of anesthesia. After the anesthesia (generally local anesthesia), the surgeon prepares to create small incisions which is about ½ inch, near the belly button. A telescope-like instrument which bears a camera in it, is embedded inside the abdomen through that particular incision. Then, with the help of this instrument, images of the inner area is recorded and visualized on the screen of video monitors. Once the laparoscope is well-set, doctors make other incisions.
How many Keyholes are needed?
The exact number of the keyhole cannot be described properly as there are several conditions behind the number and the position of the keyholes, which are
- Body receptivity of the patient
- Necessity of Instruments as per the quantity
- Surgeon Preference for a better location as per the visual ability
Once all these holes are made, then the instruments are placed properly inside to operate perfectly.
The surgeon starts the operation by pointing out the sigmoid colon and rectum. Then, the major step of surgery is performed in which rectum is placed in its accurate position in the pelvis. To place rectum properly in its exact location, the surgeon needs to pull it out from its defective surroundings. After all these, finally the surgeon stitches to affirm the placement of rectum properly. Often mesh is used along with sutures.
In some cases, surgeon prefers to remove a particular portion of the sigmoid colon, but it is discussed early, before the surgery. Thus, it can be concluded that laparoscopic Rectopexy is not an easy surgical procedure. It is recommended to consult experienced doctors and proper medical institution like Varanasi Hospital when you’re opting for this treatment program. It is one of the best hospitals of Laparoscopic Rectopexy in Varanasi.