When it comes to medical illness, several times, things can get even more complicated than assumed earlier. The same can occur during a gallstone operation in Varanasi as well. In brief, the gallbladder is a small organ present in the abdominal cavity that performs several functions to ensure a smooth digestion process. In the event of a diseased gallbladder or developing gallstones, the functions get disrupted and require extensive medical treatment.
Here are some of the frequent complications associated with gallstone:
- Inflammation of gallbladder- It is also known as the acute cholecystitis. It mainly causes due to the infection of the gallbladder. When the gallstone gets stuck in the neck portion of the gallbladder, the infection occurs and as a result, the gallbladder inflames in response. It can lead to severe pain and high fever.
- Inflammation of pancreas- As the infection in the gallbladder spreads to its nearby organs, it affects the pancreas and its functions as well. This condition is known as pancreatitis. It causes severe, persistent abdominal pain, and often need immediate gallstone operation in Varanasi.
- Blockage of common bile duct- the gallstone of small dimension runs out of the gallbladder and start depositing in the common bile duct instead. After several stones get piled up, it blocks the bile flowing from the gallbladder and liver to the small intestine. As a result, further complication can arise as bile duct infection and jaundice.
- Blockage of pancreatic duct- the pancreatic duct carries the digestive juices and enzyme from the pancreas to the common bile duct. The gallstone blocks this passage and in turn, cause hindrance in several crucial functions of digestion.
- Inflammation of common bile duct- It is also known as the cholangitis, and is a relatively severe complication. It arises due to the cluster formation of gallstones, within the network of common bile duct. Even though it is an extremely rare, it can spread the infection and cause liver damage.
Also, there are some of the rare complications associated with gallstones:
- Gallbladder cancer- Though it is not an eminent condition as the previous one. Having a history of gallstone, especially untreated ones, later can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer in the future. But luckily, the gallbladder cancer is an entirely rare condition.
- Gallstone ileus- A large gallstone causing hindrance to the small intestine.
- Empyema- Chronic infection along with filling of pus in the gallbladder.
- A fistula between small intestine and gallbladder.
- Perforation of the gallbladder.
These complications arise only after a considerably long period of time after the gallstone onset. Thus, a timely diagnosis, treatment, and recovery are always recommended.